CHILD DISABILITY AS A MEDICO-SOCIAL PROBLEM IN TAJIKISTAN
RUZIEV M.M., ABDURAKHIMOV A.A., GAIBOV A.G., BOGODIROVA M.N.
State Establishment “Tajik Scientific and Research Institute of Medical and Social Expertise and Rehabilitation of Disabled Persons”, Ministry of Health and Social Protection of the Republic of Tajikistan
State Service for Medical and Social Expertise of Dushanbe city
State Establishment “Tajik Scientific-Research Institute of Preventive Medicine” of the Ministry of Health and Social Protection of Population of the Republic of Tajikistan
Aim. To study the main causes and risk factors that contribute to the spread of child disability in Tajikistan.
Material and methods. The data on disability from the materials of the reporting documentation of medical-preventive institutions, international and public organizations were used. 650 disabled children under the age of 18 years living in Dushanbe were examined. Data were collected by random and continuous sampling in dynamics for the period 2011-2016. They were subjected to statistical processing, adopted in “evidence-based medicine”.
Results. Of the 147118 disabled people registered in Tajikistan, 26 thousand are represented by people under the age of 18 with congenital (58,4%) and acquired (41,6%) pathologies, with a slight prevalence of male children. The main causes of child disability are: chronic fetal hypoxia, inadequate work of medical personnel in the management of childbirth, trauma, underestimation of threatening conditions, congenital anomalies, heredity and medical errors. A significant proportion (42,7%) among diseases and injuries in the postpartum period leading to disability was established. By rank (by importance), they are distributed as follows:: diseases of the nervous system, mental disorders, congenital anomalies, diseases of the musculoskeletal system, behavior disorders, diseases of the ear and mastoid process, etc;
Conclusion. Disability of children and adolescents is one of the leading characteristics of the state of public health in Tajikistan. Established reasons and factors for the spread of child disability, the impact of this status on the life of society, single family and disabled child aim at improving the efficiency of implementing the provisions of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and creating an inclusive society in Tajikistan.
Key words: child disability, causes and factors, medical and social support, rehabilitation
1. Gaibov A.G., Lukyanov N.B., Ruziev M.M., Abdurahimov A.S. Usloviya perekhoda k socialnoy modeli invalidnosti I osobennosti reabilitacii lic s ogranichennimi vozmojnostyami v Respublike Tadzhikistan [Conditions for transition to social model of disability and peculiarities of disabiled in the Republic of Tajikistan]. Vestnik poslediplomnogo obrazovaniya v sfere zdravookhraneniya. [Herald of Postgraduated Education in Health Sphere]. 2017; 3:11-15.
2. Dzhabarova S.T., Gaibov A.G., Lukyanov N.B., Ashuriyon Sh.S. Nekotorye aspekty zdorovya i dostupnost mediko-sanitarnykh uslug detyam i podrostkam v Respublike Tadzhikistan [Some aspects of health and accessibility of health services to children and adolescents in the Republic of Tajikistan]. Vestnik poslediplomnogo obrazovaniya v sfere zdravookhraneniya. [Herald of Postgraduated Education in Health Sphere]. 2019; 3: 19-24
3. Kamilova G.I., Ashurova N.S., Chudinov A.V., Gaibova M.G. Osnovnie faktori, obuslavlivayushie pervichnuyu invalidnost naseleniya Respubliki Tadzhikistan [Main factors determining primary disability in the Republic of Tajikistan]. Vestnik Avicenny [Avicenna Bulletin]. 2015; 3(64):102-106.
4. Kasimova D. A. Mediko-sotsialnye aspekty detskoy invalidnosti [Medical and social aspects of childhood disability]. Molodoy Uchenyy. [Young Scientist]. 2015; 14: 63-66.
5. Kuvvatov I. Invalidnost v Tadzhikistane I principi eyo medico-socialnoy reabilitacii [Disability in Tajikistan and the principles of its medical and social rehabilitation]. Zdravookhranenie Tadzhikistana [Health Care of Tajikistan]. 2010; 2(305):40-46.
6. Magzumova F.P., Haknazarov S.Sh., Odinaeva N.V. Otcenka funkcionirovaniya medico-socialnoy modeli reabilitacii invalidov v Respublike Tadzhikistan [Evaluation the fuctioning of the medico-social model of rehabilitation of disabled people in the Republic of Tajikistan]. Vestnik Akademii medicinskikh nauk Tadzhikistana [Bulletin of the Academy of Medical Sciences of Tajikistan]. 2018; 8(3):319-325
7. Natsionalnaya programma reabilitatsii invalidov na 2017-2020 gody. Postanovlenie Pravitelstva Respubliki Tadzhikistan №455 ot 28 oktyabrya 2016 goda [National Program for the Rehabilitation of Persons with Disabilities for 2017-2020. The order of the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan No. 455 of October 28, 2016]. Dushanbe, 2016; 136.
8. Alikhanov K. A., Smychk V. B., Gazaliev Sh. M. Sovremennye podkhody k opredeleniyu invalidnosti [Modern approaches to the definition of disability]. Karaganda, 2013; 8.
9. Takenova M. A. Detskaya invalidnost v Respublike Kazakhstan i Vengrii [Children’s disability in the Republic of Kazakhstan and Hungary]. Tsentralno-Aziatskiy Nauchno-prakticheskiy Zhurnal po Obshchestvennomu Zdravookhraneniyu. [Central Asian Scientific and Practical Journal of Public Health]. 2015; 4: 44-47.
Information about authors:
Ruziev Murodali Mekhmondustovich – Director of the State Establishment “Scientific and Research Institute of Medical and Social Expertise and Rehabilitation of Disabled Persons”, Ministry of Health and Social Protection of the Republic of Tajikistan, Candidate of Medical Sciences; tel.: (+992) 918713266
Abdurakhimov Aziz Abdurakhmonovich – Chief of the State Service for Medical and Social Expertise of Dushanbe city; тел.: (+992) 931033030
Gaibov Amonullo Gaibovich – Head of the Division of Disability Prevention and Social Protection of the State Establishment “Scientific and Research Institute of Medical and Social Expertise and Rehabilitation of Disabled Persons”, Ministry of Health and Social Protection of the Republic of Tajikistan, Doctor of Medical Sciences, tel.: (+992) 935930702; е-mail: email@example.com
Bogodirova Margiba Nimatullaevna – Research Assistant of the State Establishment “Scientific-Research Institute of Preventive Medicine” of the Ministry of Health and Social Protection of Population of the Republic of Tajikistan; tel.: (+992)935705575; е-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org