FREQUENCY AND STRUCTURE OF NOSOCOMIAL INFECTIONS AMONG SURGICAL PATIENTS
YUNUSOV I.A., TALABOV M.S., RIZOEV KH.KH.
Department of Epidemiology of the Avicenna Tajik State Medical University
Aim. To determine the level and structure of nosocomial infections in patients in surgical hospitals.
Material and Methods. Medical documentation of 7510 patients was studied by randomized method. Patients received surgical treatment in the period from 2010 to 2014 in hospitals of surgical profi of Dushanbe.
Results. During the study and analysis of the morbidity of surgical patients, 503 (6,7%) cases of purulent-septic complications were identified.
Conclusion. The level of purulent-septic complications among trauma patients reflects the frequency of nosocomial infections formation and also indicates the lack of effectiveness of preventive measures, the level of sanitary and anti-epidemic regime in trauma hospitals.
Key words: morbidity, nosocomial infections, epidemiology
- Timerbulatov V., Garipov R. M., Timerbulatov
- V., Sargsyan A. M., Gaynullina E.N. Profilaktika infekt- sionnykh oslozhneniy v khirurgii. CHast I [Prevention of infectious complications in surgery. Part I]. Meditsinskiy vestnik Bashkortostana – Medical Bulletin of Bashkortostan, 2017; 12 (5, (71)): 145-152.
- Pokrovskiy I, Akimkin V. G, Briko N. I., Brusina E. B, Zueva L. P., Kovalishena O. V, Stasenko V. L., Tutelyan A. V., Feldblyum I.F., SHkarin V.V. Vnutribolnichnye infektsii: novye gorizonty profilaktiki [Nosocomial infections: new horizons of prophylaxis]. Zdravookhranenie – Healthcare, 2011; 1: 14-20.
- Glushchenko A., Lyamin A. V., Kruglov E. E. Problema vnutribolnichnykh infektsiy v mnogoprofilnom statsionare kak chast ekosotsialnykh vzaimootnosheniy cheloveka i okruzhayushchey sredy [The problem of intrahospital infections in a multifield hospital as part of ecosocial relationship between the person and the envi- ronment]. Izvestiya Samarskogo nauchnogo tsentra Rossiyskoy akademii nauk – Izvestia of Samara Scientific Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 2014; 16 (5(2)): 840-842.
- Stone D., Ashraf M. A., Calder J., Surveillance definitions of infections in long-term care facilities: revis- iting the McGeer criteria. Infect. Contr. Hosp. Epid., 2012; 33(10): 965-977.
- Sievert M., Ricks P., Edwards J. R., Antimicro- bial-resistant pathogens associated with healthcare-associ- ated infections: summary of data reported to the national healthcare safety network at the centers for disease control and prevention, 2009-2010. Infect. Contr. Hosp. Epid., 2013; 34(1), 1-34.
Information about authors:
Yunusov Islomiddin Ayniddinovich – Associate Professor Department of Traumatology, Ortho- pedics and MFS of the Avicenna Tajik State Med- ical University, Doctor of Medical Sciences; tel.: (+992) 905 08 77 99; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Talabov Makhmadali Sayfovich – Professor at the Department of Epidemiology and Infectious Diseases, Dean of the Medical Faculty of the Tajik National University, Doctor of Medical Sciences
Rizoev Khayriddin Khayrullaevich – Head of the Urology Department of the «Madadi Akbar» Clinical Hospital, Candidate of Medical Sciences