THE DISORDERS OF THE DIGESTIVE SYSTEM IN CHILDREN WITH ACUTE CURRENTS LYMPHOBLASTIC LEUKOSIS AND THEIR PREVENTION
KARAEV I.I., RAKHMATOVA R.A., BAKIEVA G.T.
SI “National Medical Center of the Republic of Tajikistan”
SI “Republican Scientific and Clinical Center of Pediatrics and Child’s Surgery” of the Ministry of Health and Social Protection of the Population of the Republic of Tajikistan
Aim. To determine the risk factors for gastrointestinal tract lesions in patients undergoing treatment for acute lymphoblastic leukosis, and to develop ways of their possible prevention.
Material and Methods. The medical charts of 74 children (35 girls and 39 boys aged from 1 to 18 years) with acute lympho- blastic leukosis (ALL) were analyzed. Evaluated complaints, clinical data, biochemical parameters of blood and the ultrasound of the abdominal organs. Treatment was performed according to the protocol ALL-MB 2015.
Results. Risk factors for gastrointestinal complications in patients with ALL include: chronic gastrointestinal diseases, viral and bacterial infections, frequent diseases in the anamnesis, autoimmune pathology, worm-parasitic infestations; systemic diseases of connective tissue; endocrinopathy; metabolic disorders; changes in biochemical parameters of blood; allergic dis- eases; vegetative disorders; various diseases of the abdominal cavity.
Secondary prevention is aimed at preventing of possible complications that depend from these risk factors.
Conclusion. The defeat of gastrointestinal tract (GIT) in children with ALL is due to the prolonged use of high doses of glu- cocorticoid hormones. The highest frequency of lesions of the gastrointestinal tract observed in the induction period and less pronounced in the period of consolidation.
Key words: children, adolescents, acute lymphoblastic leukosis, gastrointestinal tract, risk factors
- Abdulkadyrov M. Gematologiya: Noveyshiy sprav- ochnik [Hematology: the newest reference book]. Moscow, Eksmo Publ.; St. Petersburg, Sova Publ., 2010; 928.
- Ardatskaya D. Sovremennye vozmozhnosti di- agnostiki narusheniya sostava mikroflory pri zabolevani- yakh zheludochno-kishechnogo trakta i puti korrektsii [Modern possibilities of diagnostics of the microfl composition disorder in diseases of the gastrointesti- nal tract and correction path]. Gastro Newslayn – Gastro Newsline, 2011; 1: 5-7.
- Nagornaya V., Vilchevskaya E. V., Marchenko E. N., Analiz prichin pozdney diagnostiki ostrogo leykoza u detey [Analysis of the causes of late diagnosis of acute leukemia in children]. Zdorove rebenka – Child’s Health, 2012; 1 (36): 84-89.
- Rumyantsev G. Ostryy mieloblastnyy leykoz u detey. Perspektivy optimizatsii lecheniya [Acute my- eloblastic leukemia in children. Prospects for treatment optimization]. Detskaya gematologiya i onkologiya – Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, 2017; 1: 30-32.
- Savchenko G., Parovichnikova E. N. Ostryy promielotsitarnyy leykoz. Lechenie ostrykh leykozov [Acute promyelocytic leukemia. Treatment of acute leukemia]. Moscow, Medpress-inform Publ., 2010; 64-110.
- Olennikov N., Kashchenko N. I., Chirikova N. K. A Novel HPLC-Assisted Method for Investigation of the Fe2*-Chelating Activity of Flavonoids and Plant Extracts. Molecules, 2014; 19: 18296-18316
- Rubnitz E., Inaba H. Childhood acute myeloid leukaemia. British Journal of Haematology, 2012, 159 (3): 259-276.
Wu S. F., Chen A. C., Peng C. T., Wu K. N. Oct- reotide Therapy in asparaginase-associated pancreatitis in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Pediatric Blood and Cancer, 2012; 51 (6): 824-825.
Information about authors:
Karaev Idibek Islomuddinovich – Director of the Oncology center of Khatlon region; tel.: (+992)917 383333
Rakhmatova Rukhshona Akramovna – Leading Researcher of the State Establishment “Republi- can Scientifi and Clinical Center of Pediatrics and Child’s Surgery” of the Ministry of Health and Social Protection of the Population of the Republic of Tajik- istan, Candidate of Medical Sciences; tel.: (+992) 90 996 82 28
Bakieva Gulbakhor Tavmanovna – Head of the De- partment of Science of the State Establishment “Re- publican Scientifi and Clinical Center of Pediatrics and Child’s Surgery” of the Ministry of Health and Social Protection of the Population of the Republic of Tajikistan, Candidate of Medical Sciences; tel.: (+992) 918 74 35 18