THE STATE OF THE PRIVATE SECTOR IN THE SYSTEM OF PUBLIC HEALTH MANAGEMENT IN KABUL CITY AND ITS DEVELOPMENT PROSPECTS
MIR OKO KHURAMI VALADI MUKHAMMAD KHURAM,
AKHMEDOV A., MIRZOEVA Z.A.
SI “Tajik Scientific Research Institute of Preventive Medicine” of the Ministry of Health and Social Protection of population of the Republic of Tajikistan
Private medical hospital named Mariyamin Kabul city of Islamic State of Afghanistan
SI “Academy of Medical Sciences” of the Ministry of Health and Social Protection of population of the Republic of Tajikistan
SI “HAC under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan”
Aim. Study of the state and prospects of development of the private sector in the Kabul city IGA health management system. Material and Methods. The research material is based on consolidated data of annual reports of medical and preventive treat- ment facilities of the city of Kabul, the IGA, which switched to new methods of financing in the period 2003-2018.
Results. The potential of a private health care system in Kabul is not demanded by the state. The public health system in Kabul is characterized by the dominance of the public sector with an emerging upward trend in the private sector.
Conclusion. The health care system of Kabul, the IGA is multi-structured, consists of the public and private sectors with a predominance of the private. Government health policy is aimed at expanding the private sector, but under tight government regulation.
The main obstacles in the development of private sector of healthcare of Kabul city are: lack of security, poverty of the population, imperfect regulatory documents, lack of a proper legal and regulatory framework.
Key words: public health care system, private health care system, regulatory and legal framework, financing
- Akhmedov , Mir Oko Khurami valadi Mukham- mad Khuram. Sostoyanie chastnogo sektora v sisteme zdravookhraneniya Islamskogo Gosudarstva Afganistani perspektivy ego razvitiya na sovremennom etape [The state of the private sector in the health system of the Islamic State of Afghanistan, the prospects for its develop- ment at the present stage]. Zdravookhranenie Tadzhikistana – Health care of Tajikistan, 2018; 3: 14-20.
- Akhmedov , Akhmedova M. A., Maslova E. V., Akhmedov F. A. Obobshchenie opyta zdravookhraneniya v razlichnykh administrativnykh regionakh Bukharskogo emirata i ego vliyanie na sostoyanie zdorovya naseleni- ya togo perioda [Summarizing the experience of public health in various administrative regions of the Bukhara Emirate and its impact on the health status of the popu- lation of that period]. Vestnik Akademii meditsinskikh nauk Tadzhikistana.- Bulletin of the Academy of medical sciences of Tajikistan, 2017; 2(22): 87-93.
- Lisitsyn P. Obshchestvennoe zdorove i zdravookhranenie. Uchebnik dlya vuzov [Public health and healthcare. Textbook for universities]. Moscow, GEO- TAR–MED Publ., 2002; 317-326.
- Ministerstvo Departament regulirovaniya i chastnogo sektora. Spisok gosudarstven- nykh ambulatorno-poliklinicheskikh tsentrov g. Kabula 2018 goda [Ministry of Health. Department of Regulation and the private sector. List of state outpatient polyclinic centers of Kabul in 2018]. Kabul: Minzdrav IGA, 2018.
- Sarvari Donish – Ministerstvo yustitsii Osnovnoy zakon Islamskogo Gosudarstva Afganistan [SarvariDonish – Ministry of Justice IGA. The basic law of the Islamic State of Afghanistan]. Kabul; 594.
- Confi Balance Score cards for Measuring Health System Performance: Evidence from 5 Evaluation in Afghanistan. Journal PLoS Medicine, 26.07.2011.
Information about authors: Akhmedov Alamkhon – Main specialist of the At- testation Division of Medical, Veterinary, Pharma- ceutical and Agricultural Sciences of the HAC under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan, foreign corresponding member of the Academy of Medical Sciences of the Ministry of Health and Social Protec- tion of population of the Republic of Tajikistan, Doc- tor of Medical Sciences, Professor; tel.: 2275551
Mir Oko Khurami valadi Mukhammad Khuram – Applicant at the State Establishment “Tajik Scientifi Research Institute of Preventive Medicine”, Director of the Private Medical Hospital named after Maryam of the IGA; tel.: 93783114493; e-mail: miragakhora- firstname.lastname@example.org
Mirzoeva Zukhro Akhmadulloevna – Chairman of the Expert Council on Medicine and Pharmacy of the State Establishment “HAC under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan”, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor; tel.: 2275551